Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sometimes it's choice, other times it's fate

Two months of being a schoolteacher opened my eyes on real world. How cruel and unjust life can be. It just hurts me so much seeing a bright kid from a poor family not given an equal opportunity as an average kid born with a silver spoon in his mouth. When I was in secondary school, I was not able to see all of these. All I knew was my task is to study in school, and after that I need to attend tuition classes, and if I get good results, I will be rewarded. I never had time to learn about life. But the best student in the school that I taught last two months had no tuition, no reward, but was still able to shine. I really hope he'll get a good education after this.

On the other hand, it also makes me mad seeing students from low income families did not put any effort to improve their family statuses. They were not able to see education as an important tool to change their life, and just treat it as a plain boring stuff. I know that you can still succeed in life if you do not have any certificates, but the route would be arduous. And plus, when you excel your studies, a lot of bonuses like scholarships will come to you. What's more to ask then? And to seek knowledge is a principal order from Allah.

Talk about parents would be even more heartbreaking. Being a form teacher is a tough challenge that brought me closer to these kids and their families. Sometimes these kids do not behave in school because of their own parents' fault. Then come teacher's role to teach them on moral values. There were also parents who sent absence excused letter, giving illogical reasons like repeated sickness just to save their kids from being terminated from school. Come on parents! How can you be so irresponsible?

I just hope all these youngsters will be "insan" someday. A real insan. Your teacher here always prays for the best. And to the government, I think you should raise schoolteachers' pay.

4 comments:

  1. *like...*this is the beginning of entering the world of education,not necessarily limited to education in school...but as well as education in our home, family, society, etc....May Allah give chance(s) to us to contribute in the education of our ummah~~~! go go E~! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good posting kak nina :)
    i like this entry

    ReplyDelete
  3. you gimme an inspiration to be a great teacher soon. insyaALLAH. :)

    ReplyDelete