Saturday, August 6, 2011

Strange Enough

It's strange how words from strangers can incite you to do something good.

One.
On my way back home from KL, I met this young lady at KLIA bus station. We were waiting for the coach to LCCT. My flight was supposed to be at 2005 and I was already late. I just got out of my aunt's house at KL around 1730, and I have no other choice than taking KLIA Express to the airport, then the coach to LCCT. We sat besides each other on the coach, and chatted for the whole 20-minute journey to LCCT. In that short time, we shared stories and I feel like I've known her for a long time. A nice lady she is. She gave a lot of advice on starting a career and at the same time taking care of the family. She's already married and she sadly has to live separately from her family, due to her job. This "akak" studied at the UK before and she told me on her experiences there while I shared my stories in the US.

Two.
Up in the air, there's this handsome uncle that started the conversation. Looking at the way he dressed up and his face, I thought he's a hostile person, but I was wrong. As he was being friendly, I was lured to extend the conversation. He advised me a lot on not to be lazy while I'm still young. Go explore yourself and be adventurous. This uncle used to be a schoolteacher and he resigned after nine years. He worked at a housing company after that and now have his own business. What I remember the most from his words is that learning is a lifelong process. I was also amazed on how knowledgeable he is. Memang uncle ni sudah makan banyak garam. Our topic ranged from health, agriculture, family, business, politics, and a lot more.

These two strangers shared their contact details and offered me their help regarding anything.

I thank God for making my journey such a wonderful one and meeting me with nice people. I guess Malaysians aren't that bad, huh? And the good part about it is it's FOC :p I guess our country can achieve the Wawasan 2020 if we have more people like this. People that'll support each other and not just bearing grudges or ill-will towards each other. Tak boleh tengok orang sendiri senang. After all, human capital is the most important asset of the nation. And my motivation was at the peak by that time, and hopefully it won't go down after this.

Love people and people will love you :)

Happy Ramadhan.

2 comments: